Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Vikings of Freedom Mourn the Passing Of Our Fellow Warrior, Loki





It is with such a heavy heart that today we are confronted with the shock and grief at the passing of a true Patriot to this country and a true friend.  Tim Kerlin, known to most at the world of Blog Talk Radio as "Loki" has passed away suddenly.  I received word this morning of this (thank you RZ) and direct you to the announcement over at a12iggymom.wordpress.com

I met Loki at his Blog Talk Radio show back in about 2006 or 2007 - I had run into him first as he was contributing to the BTR show "Jihadi Killer Hour" hosted at BTR by Pat Dollard.  Loki was an expert on the U.S. Constitution and joined Pat Dollard on a few occasions.  Not long after, I became a regular listener to the "Halls of Valhalla" BTR show hosted by Loki.

In 2009, I had the honor of meeting Loki in person at the first big DC rally that coincided with the 9/11 attacks anniversary.

Since then, I have been to hundreds of Loki's shows, I have been a guest on his show and have phoned in probably 100 times.

I can say this with complete certainty, this country has lost one of our truest Patriots.  Loki adored the Constitution, honored the Constitution, studied the Constitution and lived the Constitution.

It is a sad day.  My thoughts and prayers go out to Tim's wife and his children and his entire family.  You lost one helluva husband and father...and I lost a tremendous inspiration and mentor...and we all lost a true American patriot.  But thanks to Tim Kerlin....to the viking imp, "Loki"...we all have more rounds in our ammo belt to fight the war due to the tireless effort this man put forth to save our precious country.


A Viking Prayer


Lo, there do I see my Father..
Lo, there do I see my Mother
And my Sisters and my Brothers..
Lo, there do I see the line
Of my people back to the beginning..
They do bid me to take my place among them..
In the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the Brave may live forever. 


--

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loki will be missed! God Speed my friend and may Big Sarge see you on the other side someday. We will miss you immensely! A True Patriot has been lost! Lot There Loki Lo There!

a12iggymom said...

Holger, this is a beautiful tribute to Tim. I can't believe he's gone.

Mary B said...

What a wonderful tribute. You captured him so well. The world is worse off without him.

Henry Bowman said...

God receive him into Your Kingdom…..

Felix in NJ said...

Very well stated tribute Holger. Loki always said " If I can educate only one listener out there on what America stands for in the Constitution; then this show was worth it." He did. Amen.

WingCommander said...

Thank-you, Holger. We both met and knew Loki in a similar manner. I am also a better person to have known him!

R.I.P. Loki, my friend. - Wing

Bigfoot said...

Besides his prolific broadcasting on Blog Talk Radio as Loki, Tim also had a series of shows called Patriot' Pub, on which he and two co-hosts studied the 1787 convention which produced the U.S. Constitution, with context going back to the French and Indian War. As has already been mentioned, he tried his best to help others understand that document.

Call Me Mom said...

The world is smaller and the US poorer for his loss

Holger Awakens said...

Everyone...

such a sad way for all of us to congregate at this blog but I want all of you know that only Loki could have commanded this kind of respect.

Thank you all for your words of tribute and love and grief.

:Holger Danske